Empty Vector Ctrl ORF cDNA Lentivirus
Lentiviral particles, packaged with Empty Vector Ctrl ORF cDNA Lentivirus. CMV promoter drives expression of fluorescent reporter and resistance marker separated by P2A. An epitope tag remains upstream of the fluorescent reporter, separated by T2A, and would otherwise be C-terminal to the ORF cDNA which is not present in this empty vector control. This product is great for use as a negative control for any of our ORF cDNA lentiviral particles. You can choose the empty vector construct containing the epitope tag, reporter, and selection marker to match the ORF cDNA lentivirus product you are using. The transduced cells will express all these components, without any ORF cDNA insert.
Vector Layout: 5’LTR-CMV-[no cDNA]-tag-T2A-Reporter-P2A-Selection-3’LTR.
|ORF cDNA Lentiviral Particles|
If you require a modification to one of our products, such as a change in reporter or other vector component, please request a custom order. We provide a variety of fast and efficient services for custom cloning or the production of high-quality custom lentiviral particles on demand, usually for the same or comparable price as the listed item. If you’re unable to find your ORF cDNA of interest in our catalog, or you require a different transcript variant than the one listed, please send us a request using the link below.
- Optimized vectors – All LipExoGen ORF cDNA lentiviral particles are produced by the third generation system. They feature novel vectors that have been extensively optimized for high, stable gene expression in mammalian cells, with minimal toxicity, and are ideal for use in sensitive cells such as primary and/or thawed cells. CMV or EF1α drives expression of ORF cDNA fused to C-terminal epitope tag, followed by one or two reporter/drug selection markers (GFP, RFP, firefly Luc, puromycin, blasticidin). Each component is separated by self-cleaving peptides to allow independent protein expression from a single mRNA transcript. Alternatively, CMV or EF1α drives expression of C-terminal tagged ORF cDNA, and human or mouse PGK separately drives expression of reporter (GFP, RFP) and selection marker (puromycin, blasticidin), separated by P2A.
- Versatile readout of gene expression – ORF cDNA contains an epitope tag (e.g. V5, Myc, HA, etc.) fused to the C-terminus, which allows for tag-specific antibodies to be used for purification, or for staining in fixed cells or cell lysates. In live cells, puromycin or blasticidin allows stable cell line generation; transduced cells may also be isolated by FACS sorting based on GFP or RFP. GFP or RFP allows for convenient analysis of ORF cDNA expression by simple fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, or other common techniques, without unwanted effects of large fusion protein constructs. For in vivo studies, constructs with luciferase can be used to monitor cell growth by in vivo bioluminescence imaging techniques (e.g. IVIS).
- Easily establish stable cell lines expressing gene of interest – LipExoGen ORF cDNA lentiviral particles are ultra-purified and concentrated to high-titer by PEG precipitation and sucrose gradient centrifugation and are suitable for transduction of primary cells, stem cells, and difficult-to-transfect cells including primary or thawed cells. Transduced cells can be FACS sorted by GFP or RFP, or selected by puromycin or blasticidin, to yield stable cells in about 10 days.
- Multiple applications – LipExoGen ORF cDNA lentiviral particles are supplied in serum-free cell culture medium allowing them to be directly applied in vivo. For optimal stability of the lentivirus in frozen storage, the particles are provided at an ideal concentration (about 200-500 µl per aliquot), but they can be easily concentrated with 10 kDa cutoff columns (Millipore-Sigma Cat# UFC510096) for in vivo use where higher concentrations are desirable, such as for stereotactic brain injections.
- Best value & easy customization – All ORF cDNA lentiviral vectors are expression validated and sequence verified. Together with the previously mentioned advantages and a price that is comparable or less vs the competition, LipExoGen ORF cDNA lentiviral particles are the best way to express and study your gene of interest in human or mouse cells. And, if you don’t find what you’re looking for in our catalog, you can easily customize the promoter, tag, reporter, or selection marker of one of our listed ORF cDNA lentivirus and receive the same quality lentivirus without additional cost in about 10 working days. To modify components of a listed ORF cDNA lentivirus, or to request a custom ORF cDNA lentivirus or plasmid based on your specifications, simply contact us.