h/m GLUT1 shRNA Lentivirus
$595.00 – $1,195.00
Validated h/m GLUT1 shRNA Lentivirus: High-titer shRNA lentiviral particles specific for human/mouse Glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1/GLUT-1/SLC2A1). The shRNA has been validated to meet or exceed 70% GLUT1 knockdown efficiency using a specific fluorescence-based method that is more rapid and reliable than qPCR. The shRNA lentivirus is ultra-purified and concentrated to high-titer by PEG precipitation and sucrose gradient centrifugation, and ideal for transducing difficult-to-transfect cells including thawed and/or primary cells. Order a shRNA lentivirus set and receive lentivirus produced from mix of 2 independent shRNAs validated to knockdown the target gene (>70%) plus control lentivirus produced from mix of 2 scrambled shRNA constructs.
Have questions about this product? Need stable cell line instead? Send us a form and we’ll reply the same day: Contact Us
- Same Cost For Custom Lentivirus – You can receive any combination of reporter (GFP/RFP/Luc/None) and selection marker (puromycin/blasticidin) for this product, without additional cost, by contacting us. To view our complete list of shRNA vectors, click here.
- Superior knockdown – LipExoGen Validated shRNA Lentiviruses are produced using the third generation system and feature novel, optimized shRNA vectors which express a 19-20 bp shRNA, fluorescent (GFP or RFP) or luminescent (luciferase) reporter, and drug-selection marker (puromycin or blasticidin). Taking advantage of a proprietary prediction algorithm developed in-house, validated shRNA constructs are capable of delivering 70% or more knockdown efficiency with less off-target effects compared to longer or mixed-sequence shRNA/siRNAs.
- Superior validation – All of our pre-made shRNA constructs are validated in-house using a specific fluorescence-based method that is more reliable than traditional qPCR. The validation process leverages bicistronic expression of the target mRNA and fluorescent reporter to confirm the efficacy of the shRNA. As knockdown validation can be readout using basic fluorescence microscopy, this low-cost, streamlined approach allows us to provide a superior-quality product at a price comparable or less than the average competitor.
- Superior accuracy – Polyclonal shRNA-transduced stable cells can be established within 10 days and used for downstream applications while preserving more properties of the parental cells. In this way, high-efficiency knockdown from our validated shRNA lentiviral particles can be advantageous over sgRNA CRISPR-Cas9 systems which select for single cell clones.
- Easily identify transduced cells – Validated shRNA constructs contain both fluorescent reporter and drug selection marker, allowing the flexibility to select transduced cells by puromycin/blasticidin or FACS sorting of GFP/RFP. Luciferase reporters are also available for detecting transduced cells in vitro or in vivo using luminescence-based techniques.
Figure 1. Knockdown validation for h/m GLUT1 shRNA HEK293FT cells were co-transfected with human GLUT1-P2A-RFP expression vector (red) along with Scrambled-sh-GFP-Puro (top) or h/m GLUT1-sh1-GFP-Puro (bottom) shRNA vectors. After 24-36 h, fluorescence microscopy images were acquired. GFP expression shows the transfection with shRNA vector, RFP serves as a reporter for the translation of target mRNA (GLUT1). Knockdown can be visualized by the absence of RFP signal (at least 70% reduction) in the cells that got the targeted shRNA construct. Scr-sh, scrambled shRNA. This product is supplied as pre-packaged lentiviral particles with your choice of reporter and selection marker. GLUT1 cDNA expression vector is also available upon request. For more information, please email us.
Figure 2. Example of transduction efficiency for h/m GLUT1 shRNA lentiviral particles HEK293FT cells (2×10^5) in a 24-well plate were transduced with 20 µl of h/m GLUT1-sh-GFP-Puro lentiviral particles for 48-72 hrs followed by image acquisition by fluorescence microscopy.
|solute carrier family 2 member 1
If you require a modification to one of our products (for example, change in reporter or other vector component), please request a custom order. We provide a variety of fast and efficient services for the production of high-quality, custom lentiviral particles on demand, usually for the same or comparable price as the listed item.
Or, send us your cells and we will establish a stable shRNA cell line for you using this product. Learn more.
The cDNA lentivirus corresponding to this product is also available upon request, comparable price.
I want to:
|solute carrier family 2 member 1
|Solute Carrier Family 2 Member 1; Choreoathetosis/Spasticity, Episodic (Paroxysmal Choreoathetosis/Spasticity); Solute Carrier Family 2 (Facilitated Glucose Transporter), Member 1; Solute Carrier Family 2, Facilitated Glucose Transporter Member 1; Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus (I And II) Receptor; Glucose Transporter Type 1, Erythrocyte/Brain; HepG2 Glucose Transporter; GLUT-1; GLUT1; Receptor For HTLV-1 And HTLV-2; GLUT1DS; SDCHCN; DYT17; DYT18; EIG12; HTLVR; DYT9; GLUT; PED; CSE
|HGNC:HGNC:11005 Ensembl:ENSG00000117394 MIM:138140
|Entrez Gene Summary
|“This gene encodes a major glucose transporter in the mammalian blood-brain barrier. The encoded protein is found primarily in the cell membrane and on the cell surface, where it can also function as a receptor for human T-cell leukemia virus (HTLV) I and II. Mutations in this gene have been found in a family with paroxysmal exertion-induced dyskinesia. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2013]“