Mouse Myc shRNA Lentivirus
Validated c-MYC shRNA Lentivirus: High-titer shRNA lentiviral particles specific for mouse myelocytomatosis oncogene (Myc), also known as c-Myc or cMyc. The shRNA has been validated to meet or exceed 70% c-Myc knockdown efficiency using a specific fluorescence-based method that is more rapid and reliable than qPCR. The shRNA lentivirus is ultra-purified and concentrated to high-titer by PEG precipitation and sucrose gradient centrifugation, and ideal for transducing difficult-to-transfect cells including thawed and/or primary cells. Order a shRNA lentivirus set and receive lentivirus produced from mix of 2 independent shRNAs validated to knockdown the target gene (>70%) plus control lentivirus produced from mix of 2 scrambled shRNA constructs.
Have questions about this product? Need stable cell line instead? Send us a form and we’ll reply the same day: Contact Us
- Same Cost For Custom Lentivirus – You can receive any combination of reporter (GFP/RFP/Luc/None) and selection marker (puromycin/blasticidin) for this product, without additional cost, by contacting us. To view our complete list of shRNA vectors, click here.
- Superior knockdown – LipExoGen Validated shRNA Lentiviruses are produced using the third generation system and feature novel, optimized shRNA vectors which express a 19-20 bp shRNA, fluorescent (GFP or RFP) or luminescent (luciferase) reporter, and drug-selection marker (puromycin or blasticidin). Taking advantage of a proprietary prediction algorithm developed in-house, validated shRNA constructs are capable of delivering 70% or more knockdown efficiency with less off-target effects compared to longer or mixed-sequence shRNA/siRNAs.
- Superior validation – All of our pre-made shRNA constructs are validated in-house using a specific fluorescence-based method that is more reliable than traditional qPCR. The validation process leverages bicistronic expression of the target mRNA and fluorescent reporter to confirm the efficacy of the shRNA. As knockdown validation can be readout using basic fluorescence microscopy, this low-cost, streamlined approach allows us to provide a superior-quality product at a price comparable or less than the average competitor.
- Superior accuracy – Polyclonal shRNA-transduced stable cells can be established within 10 days and used for downstream applications while preserving more properties of the parental cells. In this way, high-efficiency knockdown from our validated shRNA lentiviral particles can be advantageous over sgRNA CRISPR-Cas9 systems which select for single cell clones.
- Easily identify transduced cells – Validated shRNA constructs contain both fluorescent reporter and drug selection marker, allowing the flexibility to select transduced cells by puromycin/blasticidin or FACS sorting of GFP/RFP. Luciferase reporters are also available for detecting transduced cells in vitro or in vivo using luminescence-based techniques.
Figure 1. Knockdown validation for mMyc-sh2-GFP-Puro construct HEK293FT cells were co-transfected with mouse Myc-RFP bicistronic expression plasmid (red) and plasmids for the indicated shRNAs (GFP, green). After 24-36 hours, fluorescent images of the living cells were acquired by fluorescence microscopy. GFP represents transfection of the shRNA construct, whereas RFP indicates translation of the target mRNA. Higher knockdown efficiencies may be possible in stably-transfected cells. Sr-sh, scrambled shRNA.
If you require a modification to one of our products (for example, change in reporter or other vector component), please request a custom order. We provide a variety of fast and efficient services for the production of high-quality, custom lentiviral particles on demand, usually for the same or comparable price as the listed item.
Or, send us your cells and we will establish a stable shRNA cell line for you using this product. Learn more.
The cDNA lentivirus corresponding to this product is also available upon request, comparable price.
I want to:
|Gene ID (NCBI)
|Myc2; Nird; Niard; bHLHe39; AU016757
|HGNC:HGNC:7553 Ensembl:ENSG00000136997 MIM:190080
|Entrez Gene Summary
|“The protein encoded by this gene is a multifunctional, nuclear phosphoprotein that plays a role in cell cycle progression, apoptosis and cellular transformation. It functions as a transcription factor that regulates transcription of specific target genes. Mutations, overexpression, rearrangement and translocation of this gene have been associated with a variety of hematopoietic tumors, leukemias and lymphomas, including Burkitt lymphoma, in human. There is evidence to show that alternative translation initiations from an upstream, in-frame non-AUG (CUG) and a downstream AUG start site result in the production of two isoforms with distinct N-termini, in human and mouse. Under conditions of stress, such as high cell densities and methionine deprivation, there is a specific and dramatic increase in the synthesis of the non-AUG initiated protein, suggesting its importance in times of adversity. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Apr 2010]”