STAT4 Reporter Lentivirus
Fluorescent STAT4 Reporter Lentivirus: High-quality, lentiviral transcription factor (TF) reporter system that provides a sensitive fluorescent readout for human/mouse Signal transducer and activator of transcription 4 (STAT4) activity in transduced cells. The STAT4 reporter is constructed with tandem repeats of STAT4 responsive elements from the enhancer of human T-bet to read out STAT4 transcriptional activity in mammalian cells. The STAT4 reporter responds to IL-12 (STAT4 cytokine) and IFNγ (STAT1 cytokine), but cell types can discriminate flank nucleotides bias to the STAT4 activation rather than STAT1 activation. STAT4 is required for the development of Th1 cells from naive CD4+ T cells and IFNγ production in response to pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-12. STAT4 is required for expression of T-bet and production of IFNγ and IL-21 in Tfh cells against viral infection and challenge. STAT4 is critical in the promotion of antiviral responses of natural killer (NK) cells by targeting the promotor regions of Runx1 and Runx3. The TF reporter lentivirus is purified by PEG precipitation and sucrose gradient centrifugation, and is ideal for studying STAT4 activity and JAK/STAT signaling pathway in difficult-to-transfect cells including primary and/or thawed cells.
Have questions about this product? Need a stable cell line? Send us a form and we’ll reply the same day: Contact Us
Ultra-high concentration virus can be provided upon request in your choice of medium and volume for in vivo injection. We can provide custom reporter genes (such as SEAP, YFP, secreted Gaussia Luc, Renilla Luc, etc.) and selection markers (hygromycin, bleomycin, etc.) upon request.
|JAK/STAT Pathway (STAT4)
|Monitor STAT4 activity in mammalian cells. The fluorescent reporter enables convenient readout using flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, etc.
Figure 1 (Thumbnail). HEK293FT cells were transfected with STAT4-TAG-Puro in combination with an empty vector (pcDNA) or human STAT4 cDNA for 24 h followed by fluorescence microscopy.
Figure 2. HEK293FT cells were transfected with STAT4-TAG-Puro plasmid for 24 h and then stimulated with IFNγ (10 ng/ml) for 24 h prior to image acquisition by fluorescence microscopy.
Figure 3. HEK293FT cells were transfected with STAT4-TAG-Puro plasmid in combination with an empty vector or human STAT4 cDNA (STAT4-P2A-RFP) for 24 h before fluorescence microscopy. The STAT4 cDNA contains an RFP reporter that is translated separately from the STAT4 protein due to the P2A sequence between them. To order STAT4 cDNA, please contact us.
Renilla Luciferase Internal Control Lentivirus – Ready-to-transduce lentiviral particles expressing minimal TATA box-driven Renilla luciferase (RLuc).
Reporter Negative Control Lentivirus – Ready-to-transduce lentiviral particles expressing minimal TATA box-driven reporter. The construct is the same as the TF Reporters except that it lacks the transcriptional response elements which drive signal pathway/TF-specific reporter expression. The reporter negative control lentiviral particles allow to establish a baseline for background reporter activity and determine specificity of any treatments to activate the reporter.
Reporter Positive Control Lentivirus – Ready-to-transduce lentiviral particles with constitutive expression of the reporter. The reporter positive control lentivirus is useful for transduction optimization studies, especially if the cells are very sensitive or difficult-to-transduce.
If you require a modification to one of our products, such as a change in reporter or other vector component, contact us. We provide fast and efficient custom lentiviral particles on demand, usually for the same or comparable price as the listed item.
Or, send us your cells and we will establish a stable reporter cell line for you using this product. Learn more.
ORF cDNA plasmids featured in the product figures are available upon request.
- High Sensitivity – LipExoGen FOXO3 Reporter lentiviral particles are made using a novel vector platform based on the third generation system. Transcriptional response elements which are preferentially recognized by FOXO3 are arranged as DNA tandem repeats upstream of the minimal TATA promoter-driven reporter, and downstream of an optimized minimal enhancer (pc) of the human CMV promoter. When the signal pathway/TF is activated, the mini enhancer synergizes with TF binding to the response elements (up to 8 repeats in some products, depending on strength of reporter activation) to amplify expression of the fluorescent (GFP/RFP) or luciferase (Luc) reporter, with minimal enhancement of background. As a result, the reporter system provides a highly sensitive readout for signaling pathway or specific transcription factor activation in human and mouse cells.
- Easily Establish Stable Reporter Cell Lines – The reporter lentiviral particles are ultra-purified and concentrated to high-titer by PEG purification and sucrose gradient centrifugation to allow for efficient transduction of difficult-to-transfect cells, including primary and/or freeze-thawed cells. Stable cell lines are easily generated through puromycin or blasticidin selection.
- Discovery Made Easy – Signal pathway or specific transcription factor activity can be detected by fluorescence, making LipExoGen TF Reporter lentiviral particles more practical than traditional luciferase reporters and/or biochemical assays. Pathway/TF activation can be readout directly by fluorescence microscopy in living cell cultures, thus paving the way for unexpected discoveries.
- Readout On Flow – Fluorescent reporter activation can also be readout by flow cytometry, providing more versatility in data acquisition for labs with different instruments.
- Best Value – LipExoGen lentiviral particle products are made using optimized lentiviral vectors developed in-house, which allows us to provide the highest quality products while retaining competitive prices. These high-titer lentiviral particles feature a highly sensitive fluorescent reporter system which has been validated to read out the activity of the indicated transcription factor or signaling pathway.
- Same Cost For Custom Lentivirus – You can easily request any combination of reporter (GFP/RFP/Luc) and selection marker (puromycin/blasticidin) for this product, without additional cost, by contacting us. To view our complete list of vectors, click here.
Size: 6.5-8.0 kb