STAT3 Reporter Lentivirus
Fluorescent STAT3 Reporter Lentivirus (JAK/STAT Pathway): High-quality, lentiviral transcription factor (TF) reporter system that provides a sensitive fluorescent readout for human/mouse Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) activity in transduced cells. The TF reporter lentivirus is purified by PEG precipitation and sucrose gradient centrifugation, and is ideal for studying STAT3 activity and JAK/STAT signaling pathway in difficult-to-transfect cells including primary and/or thawed cells.
Have questions about this product? Need a stable cell line? Send us a form and we’ll reply the same day: Contact Us
Ultra-high concentration virus can be provided upon request in your choice of medium and volume for in vivo injection. We can provide custom reporter genes (such as SEAP, YFP, secreted Gaussia Luc, Renilla Luc, etc.) and selection markers (hygromycin, bleomycin, etc.) upon request.
- High Sensitivity – LipExoGen STAT3 Reporter lentiviral particles are made using a novel vector platform based on the third generation system. The transcription factor’s STAT3 response elements are arranged as DNA tandem repeats upstream of the minimal TATA promoter-driven reporter, and downstream of an optimized minimal enhancer (pc) of the human CMV promoter. When the signal pathway/TF is activated, the mini enhancer synergizes with TF binding to the response elements (up to 8 repeats in some products, depending on strength of reporter activation) to amplify expression of the fluorescent (GFP/RFP) or luciferase (Luc) reporter, with minimal enhancement of background. As a result, the reporter system provides a highly sensitive readout for signaling pathway or specific transcription factor activation in human and mouse cells.
- Easily Establish Stable Reporter Cell Lines – The reporter lentiviral particles are ultra-purified and concentrated to high-titer by PEG purification and sucrose gradient centrifugation to allow for efficient transduction of difficult-to-transfect cells, including primary and/or freeze-thawed cells. Stable cell lines are easily generated through puromycin or blasticidin selection.
- Discovery Made Easy – Signal pathway or specific transcription factor activity can be detected by fluorescence, making LipExoGen TF Reporter lentiviral particles more practical than traditional luciferase reporters and/or biochemical assays. Pathway/TF activation can be readout directly by fluorescence microscopy in living cell cultures, thus paving the way for unexpected discoveries.
- Readout On Flow – Fluorescent reporter activation can also be readout by flow cytometry, providing more versatility in data acquisition for labs with different instruments.
- Best Value – LipExoGen lentiviral particle products are made using optimized lentiviral vectors developed in-house, which allows us to provide the highest quality products while retaining competitive prices. These high-titer lentiviral particles feature a highly sensitive fluorescent reporter system which has been validated to read out the indicated transcription factor activity.
- Same Cost For Custom Lentivirus – You can easily request any combination of reporter (GFP/RFP/Luc) and selection marker (puromycin/blasticidin) for this product, without additional cost, by contacting us. To view our complete list of vectors, click here.
Figure 1 (thumbnail). HEK293FT cells were co-transfected with STAT3-TAG-Puro plus either control plasmid (Vector, left) or expression plasmid for constitutively active human STAT3 (STAT3ab, right). Fluorescence microscopy images were taken 24 hrs later to assess GFP reporter expression in the live cells.
Figure 2. Reporter activation in stable cell line (A549) A549 cells were transduced with STAT3-TAG-Puro lentivirus (LTV-0003-1S) for 48 hours. The cells were then passaged and selected by puromycin for 5 days to establish the stable STAT3 Reporter cell line. IL6-IL6Ra fusion protein (50 ng/ml, R&D Systems) was added to the cells to visualize the GFP reporter activation by fluorescence microscopy. Note that the reporter activation will vary depending on the cells. In this instance, the proportion of cells with active STAT3 transcriptional activity is doubled in response to 24 h treatment with IL6-IL6R fusion protein whereas basal STAT3 activity (~8% of cells) is observed in the absence of stimulation. To purchase STAT3ab positive control plasmids, click here: STAT3ab Expression Plasmids (Constitutively active STAT3 positive control)
Have questions about this product? Send us a form and we’ll reply the same day: Contact Us
|signal transducer and activator of transcription 3|
Renilla Luciferase Internal Control Lentivirus – Ready-to-transduce lentiviral particles expressing minimal TATA box-driven Renilla luciferase (RLuc).
Reporter Negative Control Lentivirus – Ready-to-transduce lentiviral particles expressing minimal TATA box-driven reporter. The construct is the same as the TF Reporters except that it lacks the transcriptional response elements which drive signal pathway/TF-specific reporter expression. The reporter negative control lentiviral particles allow to establish a baseline for background reporter activity and determine specificity of any treatments to activate the reporter.
Reporter Positive Control Lentivirus – Ready-to-transduce lentiviral particles with constitutive expression of the reporter. The reporter positive control lentivirus is useful for transduction optimization studies, especially if the cells are very sensitive or difficult-to-transduce.
If you require a modification to one of our products, such as a change in reporter or other vector component, contact us. We provide fast and efficient services for custom cloning and lentiviral particles on demand, usually for the same or comparable price as the listed item.
Or, send us your cells and we will establish a stable reporter cell line for you using this product. Learn more.
|signal transducer and activator of transcription 3|
|Homo sapiens/mus musculus|
|Alias||Signal Transducer And Activator Of Transcription 3; Acute-Phase Response Factor; APRF; Signal Transducer And Activator Of Transcription 3 (Acute-Phase Response Factor); DNA-Binding Protein APRF; ADMIO1; ADMIO; HIES|
|Gene IDs||HGNC:HGNC:11364 Ensembl:ENSG00000168610 MIM:102582|
|Entrez Gene Summary||“The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the STAT protein family. In response to cytokines and growth factors, STAT family members are phosphorylated by the receptor associated kinases, and then form homo- or heterodimers that translocate to the cell nucleus where they act as transcription activators. This protein is activated through phosphorylation in response to various cytokines and growth factors including IFNs, EGF, IL5, IL6, HGF, LIF and BMP2. This protein mediates the expression of a variety of genes in response to cell stimuli, and thus plays a key role in many cellular processes such as cell growth and apoptosis. The small GTPase Rac1 has been shown to bind and regulate the activity of this protein. PIAS3 protein is a specific inhibitor of this protein. Mutations in this gene are associated with infantile-onset multisystem autoimmune disease and hyper-immunoglobulin E syndrome. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2015]”|